Bella 5. Emma 3. And STOP THAT!". -yn names are used more often as feminine names. Dorian (Greek) Linked to the Greek Myth of Dorus, meaning 'of the sea'. "Noble, exalted." Below are some ideas for baby names that start with Y based on data from the Social Security Administration. Isabella 8. I'm CarolynI love how you are all generalizing that -yn endings are all made up. wow, some people on this board drank the haterade. Cecily has a wide assortment of namesakes. Twitch and YouTube superstar Kai Cenat tries on an Iron Man suit gifted to him by another internet influencer, Mr. r/JewishCooking Trying out a new hamantaschen recipe which I revised slightly. Nancy originated as a contraction of mine Ancy, with Ancy being a nickname for Annis, a Medieval English variation of Agnes. Ayslyn, Ashlyn Var. and FWIW, I LOVE the name Camryn with a y. adorable. Famous Name | Articles | Forums | Contests Hazel 10. if you dont have any- then you dont have a suggestion. More Just For Fun Quizzes. Welsh word. That means there were 44x more Harpers than Harriets last year. Adora - this name, which is also the first name of superhero She-Ra, fittingly means "glory." Alaina - this Irish name means "dear child." Amelia - meaning "industrious," this is a great name for a hard worker. Subscribe now to receive a complimentary E-Yearbook! As a bonus, some of the popular boy names ending in Y are gender-neutral, with Riley and Avery appearing on lists for both boys and girls. Copyright 2009-2023 Baby Names Pedia English word. of Anwen. It was quite popular in the early part of the twentieth century. Bathron and Bethron are creative variations. Jocelyn is a name that refers to the Member of Gauts tribe, English variant of the name "Christine", Disciple of Christ, magdalena (de la torre),the woman from magdala or high tower woman from magdala. "Announcement, notice." Taryn isn't too bad, and neither is Madelyn. Derived fr. Helen 15. Actress Rena Sofer and British musician Julian Cope used it for their daughters. Londyn: Removed from list. this name means peaceful home or little rival. Ava 18. Girl names ending in N include many popular choices. Internet sensation Kai Cenat is nearly through an uninterrupted 30-day . Diminutive of Rosemary, Roma, Romana, Romilly etc. Listed in Top 2000. Baby Girl Names Ending in G Quinn Carson Brooklyn Autumn Madelyn Peyton Hayden Evan Damian Allison Emerson Zion Eden Vivian Raelynn Ayden Ashton Remington Reagan Kaiden Trending Baby Names Lists Check out these trending baby names lists to discover more baby names Pagan Baby Names Baby Middle Names Uncommon Baby Names Victorian Baby Names of Ashlynn. They develop talent and happiness. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/32945685.aspx. You don't get to control how people respond toa post. Simply horrible. Here are all Nameberry's girl names that end with the letter N. Icicidirect. Germanic - Noble, Honorable, Of a noble kind, Hebrew - Ornament, Its form of name Adela, A variant spelling is Adelaide, Hebrew - Supplanter, May god Protect, A variant of Jacqueline, Feminine form of James and Jacob, They have a eye for perfection and detail, Pledge, Oath, Variant of Carlene and Charlene, Eagle, Germanic - Man, Freeman, Greek - Maiden, Virgin, A diminutive of Arlene, blessed bow,blessed of the ring, mass-browed, holy ring,white ring, Variation of a habitational Surname from the place Peryn, A variant of Slavic God Peroun, Arabic - A Jewel, A combination of names Amber and Lynn, A Jewel-quality Fossilize, Variant of Cheryl, a beautiful individual, An American name meaning with song, A woman with song. Latin element. The names' popularity increased from the 1900s up to the 1940s; before that, they were of moderate use only. You asked: "what other girl names are pretty and end in -yn?". Girl names Ends with "YN" Clear all. Updated: September 1, 2018. 2020. variant transcription of Giustina . Ashton is a conventional (TOP 39%) female name, and is found commonly (TOP 2%) as a last name. November 18, 2022 | by dwhat8. of Alaine. Source fr. Ivy is derived from the name of the ivy plant, which got its name from the Old English word. TOGETHER, Brooklyn and Londyn? of Arianwen. thanks for the link. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Brandelyn Form of Brandy. Heidi (another i-ending name!) i dont understand what the deal is with some of you girls here. Compare last names Briton, Brien. Avalon Stems fr. Irish Aileen continues to be more popular than Scottish Eileen, though both names have seen an unexpected resurgence since 2012. Harper 17. The plant was termed dew of the sea due to its salty texture and its ability to thrive in coastal climes. Unusual, with the common -yn ending for Arlyn, like Aryn, Ashtyn. Haley 12. @soemo1227, There is absolutely nothing unique about the "yn" ending at the moment or names ending in the "en" sound. Molly has been used as a stand-alone pet form of Mary since the Middle Ages, and has been consistently popular as an independent name in the U.S. over the past several decades. Despite appearances, Rosemary is not a smoosh name, not even a traditional one. Austyn Var. Poppy, unlike most floral names which are sweet and feminine, has a lot of spunk. Rare, with the -yn suffix for Arlyn, like Avelyn, Addilyn. See also Brenn. Please create the one to shortlist the cute baby names. Social Security Administration. thats your OPINION. "Water, small stream." of Brenda. 1-40 of 3,090 results Sort by: Name Gender Favorite Evelyn: Removed from list. In fact, that's all you hear at the moment. 11. Origin fr. Adelyne is also a marginally favored birth name. Anunciacion Var. Gustyn fair, just .The origin of Gustyn is the Latin language . Popular Baby Girl Names By Letter. - - hi! Charlotte 4. I wanted mother to write the. Kamyron and forms were popular 19 years ago and have become less widespread. Allyn (compare Ayslyn, Adalyn) ends with -lyn. Adalyn - Beryn| Bevlyn - Caitlyn| Cameryn - Christalyn| Christyn - Edyn| Ellyn - Glyn| Gwendalyn - Jennilyn| .. - .. "Son of Adam." Gender-neutral name. Derived fr. Allyn, similar to Ailyn, uses the common androgynous-sounding -yn ending. 12. Ame was a translation of the Latin name Amata, which derived from, Cecily is as dainty as a lace handkerchief. Claire 7. .. a town in southern Scotland. Cailyn1, Caelyn1 Var. Londyn and Ardyn are horrible. Anwyn Var. Old English. Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3). Root fr. Here is the list of -yn names for boys. Top names ending in N include Benjamin, Logan, Mason, and Ethan. Harper 14. this name means as precious as a beautiful jewel. Unusual. I think you havea problem with always wanting to have the last word. a combination of two words Eric and Lynn. Girls' Names Ending in YN or YNN for 2010. Go Maury! It is much more common for boy names to end in N rather than in A or Y. English, Irish, Gaelic, Celtic elements. Aislyn, similar to Angelyn, ends with the common androgynous -lyn. The name means The Pure Keeper of the Keys. A current bearer is actress Felicity Huffman. and FWIW, reilly is spelled really. Related: 300+ Popular Baby Girl Names Ending With Y. westlyn is a hot new girls' names, increases of 350 per cent in the year 2017, above the level of the previous year, the u.s. official statistics. In the 18th century it began being used in its own right, as well as a nickname for Ann. my name is zwee, i am a big fan of hoola, thats why i play as her. Old German, Hawaiian languages. Lucy is the English form of the Roman Lucia, which derives from the Latin word "lux" meaning "light." Start by selecting which of these best describes you! "Precious." Addilyn, Adalyn2 Var. Daisy is now second only to Delilah among most popular. Adelyn, Adalyn1 Var. Unusual, with the -lyn ending for Arlyn, like Addilyn, Aislyn. of Angela. of Cailin. Adelin is also a marginally favored girl's name. Lily came into use as a given name as a direct influence of the flower. Hermione 8. The name derives from two Latin terms Ros meaning dew and Marinus meaning of the sea. Long popular in the United Kingdom, where it peaked at #5 in 2014, Poppy is just starting to catch on in a big way in the US, where it entered the Top 1000 for the first time in 2016 and just three years later the Top 500 in 2019. Prevalent, with the androgynous-sounding -lyn ending for Ailyn, like Addilyn. Derivative of Welsh language. Combination of Arlene and Linda. Baby girl names ending in "i"/"ie"/"y" sounds. The most fashionable baby names among these are Addilyn (#359), Raelyn (#327), Adalyn (#144), Roselyn (#649) and Rosalyn (#868), while Buntyn (TOP 28%) and Rusyn (100%) are familiar -yn surnames. John Carter of Mars is a fictional Virginian soldier who acts as the initial protagonist of the Barsoom stories by Edgar Rice Burroughs.A veteran of the American Civil War, he is transported to the planet Mars, called Barsoom by its inhabitants, where he becomes a warrior battling various mythological beasts, alien armies and malevolent foes. Quinn is the Anglicized version of the Irish patronymic surname Cuinn, meaning "descendent of Conn." Conn has two possible derivationsthe Old Irish. actresses marilyn miller, marilyn monroe, writer marilyn french; the opera fame marilyn horne.,mary+lynn,woman rebel, wild and daring, a river too wide for crossing. Get weekly updates on baby and your body. about | terms of use | privacy policy Root fr. Here is the list of -on names for boys. Avalon, an island paradise of Celtic myth and Arthurian legend--it was where King Arthur was taken to recover from his wounds-- and also the colorful capital of the California island of Catalina-- makes a heavenly first name. Old English, Old German. Brooklyn is cute, but pair it with Londyn and it's too much. Arlyn2 Form of Arlinda. Rare, with the androgynous-sounding -yn suffix for Aislyn, like Addisyn. origin is Latin, and its use, English . Stems fr. of Addison. the combination of rose and lynn (spanish) "pretty". Girl who is having clever mind and daring. uum, it doesnt and im not sure why you posted that. Listed in Top 2000. Alison2, var. Ailyn (cf. Helen is a name that has connoted beauty since ancient times Helen of Troy was the the mythological "face that launched a thousand ships," over whom the ten-year Trojan War was fought. Source fr. i asked for a suggestion of names, but thanks. seldom used as a baby name for girls . I was not asking for help to understand that there is a problem with this. The original meaning of Maryam is uncertain, but theories include "drop of the sea" (from Hebrew roots, Avery originated in the Middle Ages as a Norman-French pronunciation variation of the Anglo-Saxon name Alfred and the Ancient Germanic name Alberich. Old English. Anne 2. Hanna 17. These girl names reached the apex of their popularity in 2011 (ADOPTION OF 3.2%) and are almost as common today (ADOPTION 2.5%, DOWN 21.8%), but with names like Katheryn becoming somewhat outmoded. Along with Naomi, other girl names in the US Top 1000 include Leilani, Remi, Kali, and Zuri. Not Top 2000 name. my daughters name is brooklyn and we are having #2 and dont know what it is yet (its waaayyy early) but i still like to think about it. Emersyn: Removed from list. If you want to look beyond this curated list of Y ending girl names, see our complete list of girl names ending in Y here. Old English. Cameron, var. Root fr. Popular names in 2020. The -ah ending is often seen in Biblical male names, including those two plus Isaiah, Josiah, Jeremiah, Micah, Jonah, Nehemiah, and Zachariah. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Girl names ending in N include many popular choices. That looks ugly and like you are trying too hard to make a box set out of your children. In its native region, it wasn't widely used as a name before the twentieth century, when the Cornish language was revived. I like the idea of changing vowels and i dont really care if anyone else doesnt. Allyn (compare Aislyn, Arlyn) has the -lyn suffix. American word. Derivative of Old French, Greek. Prevalent. And if you're still looking for more great girl names, try these vintage girl names, two syllable girl names, and 3 syllable girl names, and 1000+ uncommon girl names for more inspiration! The story goes that Imogen originated as a Shakespearean printer's misspelling of the traditional Celtic name Innogen, used by him for a character in one of his last plays, Wren, a lilting songbird name, could be the next Robin. My husband and I can't agree on a first name for our baby girl but we know we want the middle name to be Lou after my husband's grandma. Breelyn Form of Breanna. its was her opinion of not liking names that end in -yn and that she didnt have any. Gretchyn pearl . Report. Grace 11. Surname and place name of a .. Aniston and Anniston are more generally used as girls' names among these forms. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend named their newest baby girl Esti. Adoption of these boy names was at its most widespread in the 1930s, but now, names such as Merlyn has become less trendy. Jocelyn Jocelyn name means Someone who is a member of a Gauts Tribe Raelyn A modern invented name Jaelyn A woman who is a supplanter joslyn to pour the water current Caelyn A heavenly girl Addilyn The pleasant noble lady Aralyn A beautiful, praiseworthy individual who is divine light Finding the perfect name that ends with Y for girl is never easy, but we hope we were able to help inspire you to find a girl name that you love!. I'm not really a fan of the "yn" ending. "Messenger; angel, messenger of God." People are responding: None, names should not end in -yn. this variant, which records more of the eva of eva, but we prefer the frequency of evelyn. what other girl names are pretty and end in -yn? what other girl names are pretty and end in -yn? Old English element. 5) Aubrie (of German Origin) meaning "Fair Ruler of the People". I can't suggest any names because, I don't think there are any names that are pretty that end in -yn. Comments. Lyn names for girls can also be spelled with a double N, such as Raelynn or Icelynn. Anniston (#1099), Fallon (#1066) and Maddison (#406) are three of the more trendy baby names in this list, while Calton (TOP 9%) and Mattison (3%) are conventional -on last names. I can't think of a single name where it's the original spelling. Charlotte Amelia Ava Sophia Isabella Mia Evelyn Harper Luna Camila Gianna Elizabeth Eleanor Ella Abigail Sofia Avery Scarlett Emily Aria Penelope Chloe Layla Mila Nora Hazel Madison Ellie Lily Nova Isla Grace Violet Aurora Riley Zoey Willow Emilia Stella Zoe Victoria Hannah Addison Leah Lucy Eliana Ivy Everly Lillian Paisley Elena Naomi Maya Derivative of Norman word. Variations include Evaline, Evalyn, Evelin, and Eveline. I asked for suggestions and if you dont like it, dont respond. i changed Londyn and Ardyn. Yn ending baby names and what they mean, with 218 results. Old German element. Brooklyn is NMS but works on its own. again, thanks. Derived fr. Unusual, with the unusual androgynous-sounding -yn ending for Brandilyn, Brandolyn, etc., like Brendolyn. Um she already named her daughter Brooklyn, so why would it be a joke? Middle English language. Eden is an attractive, serene name with obvious intimations of Paradise, one of several place names drawn from the Bible by the Puritans in the seventeenth century. Girl Names Ending with -yn -yn names for baby girls, with 713 entries. Of uncertain origin, probably German .. Avalyn is familiar as a baby name among the versions of Ava. Amelia 5. Grace by the lake. It isn't like we went to her home, slapped her, and said "NO! i dont care if you dont like any that end in -yn. Quizzes Created-Created Quiz Play Count-More From This Creator. French, Latin. Gianna 14. Uncommon. Aston Root fr. L yn ending baby names and what they mean, with 33 results. "Crooked nose." about | terms of use | privacy policy Rare. of Annunciata. of Arlene. "Noble kind." "Slender and white, fair or pure." Abigail 18. Allyn, similar to Avelyn, Ailyn, ends with -yn. variation of Almarine . Kay 3. "Dream, vision." Jocelyn name means Someone who is a member of a Gauts Tribe, A beautiful, praiseworthy individual who is divine light. "Pure, holy." Top 100 Baby Girl Names That Start With Y. "Dream." When deciding what to name your baby, you may be looking for names that end in specific letters. Ranked in Top 2000. "Son of Adam." Ashtyn Var. Molly originated as a diminutive of Mary, spawning from medieval variations Malle and Molle. Peyton 10. Origin fr. Your child is the one who will be stuck with it. Adelyn, Adalyn1 Forms of Adelaide. of Ashlynn. Arlyn, similar to Adelyn, uses the androgynous -lyn ending. Affton Stems fr. Derivative of Irish, Gaelic language. The I ending was relatively uncommon for European names before the middle of the 20th century, the I became a trendy ending for girls . This simple, brisk name might be seen as a combination of Bree and Lynn, an androgynous-sounding choice that especially in this spelling is not truly unisex: Brynn, for boys, is not even in the Top 1000. noble and kind people who wants to spend their most of the time with family . Comments. The most fashionable baby names among these are Addilyn(#359), Raelyn(#327), Adalyn(#144), Roselyn(#649)and Rosalyn(#868), while Buntyn (TOP 28%)and Rusyn (100%)are familiar -yn surnames. Norman word. variant of Gretchen . Unusual. Diminutive of Margaret or flower name, English. You can also use it as a nickname for 'Amelia.'. Copyright 2009-2023 Baby Names Pedia Margaret ultimately comes from the Greek word, Arwen is well known as princess of the Elves in Tolkien's. Here is the list of -on names for boys. Brieon1, Briannon Var. Harper 11. Brooklyn: Removed from list. Also a boys' name. 2023 Dotdash Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Girl names ending in N include many popular choices. Mary is the English form of Maria, which ultimately was derived from the Hebrew name Maryam/Mariam. "Light green semiprecious gemstone." Sophia 7. Irish. "Noble kind." You should also consider names . One Cecily was the mother of King Richard III, whose beauty gained her the title "the Rose of Raby," Cecily Parsley is a Beatrix Potter bunny, Cecily Cardew is a character in. Outside Top 2000. Gender-neutral name. Along with Evelyn, other girl names in the US Top 1000 include Madison, Lillian, Addison, and Brooklyn. Caelyn and Cailyn are more familiar as girls' names compared to other forms. Ava 6. Choosing a baby name can be a difficult decision. Our content is doctor approved and evidence based, and our community is moderated, lively, and welcoming. Old German language. Italian language. That is my opinion. ELEGANT VINTAGE GIRL NAMES A Abigail Abigail - this cute old fashioned girl name means 'my father's joy' and has Hebrew origins Ada Ada - could mean 'nobility' if you look at German roots or possibly 'adornment' in Hebrew Adaline Adaline - this Old German girl name means 'noble kind' Adelaide Meaning 'harmony' and 'friendship,' your daughter will symbolize love with this name. Brendolyn is rarely used as a birth name. of Arwen. 4) Annie (of English Origin) meaning "Gracious, or Merciful". Origin fr. Old English language. -lyn names are used more often as feminine names. Uncommon. "Dream." Can you name the Girls' Names Ending in YN or YNN for 2010? Of uncertain origin, probably German .. Avalyn and Avelyn are rarely used as feminine names. Other top girl names ending in the Y sound may be spelled with an IE, I, EE or EIGH - like Sadie, Naomi, Rylee or Oakleigh. Possibly feminine form of Arlen, from .. Gender-neutral name. The elements, Amy is the English variation of the Old French name AmeAime in modern French. Ashlyn, Ayslyn (compare Adalyn) have the androgynous -yn suffix. of Adelaide. . Sofia 19. Also used for boys. "Precious." Verywell Family uses only high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Addilyn, Adalyn2 Var. Unusual as a birth name, but Aston is similar to the more popular Austin. Daniella Amato is a biomedical scientist and fact checker with expertise in pharmaceuticals and clinical research. Should you have any concerns about your health, or of that of your baby or child, please consult with your doctor. Sophia 4. Girl Names Ending with -lyn L yn ending baby names and what they mean, with 140 results. Shion is not immune to embarrassing situations herself however, as shown by her mother teasing her in Mina goro shi-hen and accidentally making a fool of herself by unwillingly luring the Yamainu in Matsuribayashi-hen . A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Nicknames for Eileen include Isla, Lee and Lina. hahahaha, actually i do have a problem- DH is out of town and i cant sleep so im lurking on here. Audrey is derived from the Anglo-Saxon Aethelthryth, the name that later evolved into Etheldred or Etheldreda. It makes a particularly pleasing middle name choice, as does her newly discovered cousin Lark. a Hebrew name which means to breathe or live or life. Source fr. "Battle." Give Orange. she didnt give name suggestion and thats what i asked for. evalyn was almost an actress and singer american, in the twentieth century. Mia 9. of Adeline. It is a European name of both French and Latin origin for your lovely child as it means 'beloved.'. I asked for a name. this means brave and powerful, someone who is a leader. The name of the distilled wine .. Not in popularity charts. Arlyn1 Var. While boy names ending in 'Y' have names like Henry and Zachary coming on the 13 th and 46 th position on the top 100 names for boys. One spelling variation that's more popular than the original, this somewhat old-fashioned name might be in honor of poet Gwendolyn Brooks, the first African-American to win a Pulitzer prize for poetry, or may be a way to get to the modern short form Gwen. The trick is not taking a name that is spelled one way traditionally (Cameron for example) and just adding the "y" to be unique (Camryn). Jennifer White has authored parenting books and has worked in childcare and education fields for over 15 years. "Ash tree town." Pet form of Bride or Bridget .. A peculiar girls' name, Bidon is found more frequently as a surname. Addison, var. Celtic element. They are generous and love to help people. "Muse." Jun 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM. i dont care if its the original spelling, i like changing it anyways. Source fr. Listed in Top 2000. Y was once the default ending for girl names -- and boy names too -- that ended with the EE sound. when Mio was mirwing Iter last . All rights reserved. Over time, the Y ending in girls' names was sometimes replaced with IE, then I, then in the 21st century with more creative (or kreeatif) spelling variations. The Y doesn't appear until Emily at number 18. Hailey 9. Marilyn was a good suggestion. Brooklyn and Londyn? Helena 13. Subscribe now to receive a complimentary E-Yearbook! Ezra is the most common boy name ending in A, appearing at number 41, and there are only eight boy names ending in A in the SSA 2020 top 1,000 list of boy names. Root fr. Antonella - this feminine form of Anthony means "praiseworthy." Aria - this musical name is Italian for "melody." VerlyDi Follow. Beast. -yn names are popular as baby girl names. "High, noble, exalted." Old German element. Bailey 15. if you dont have a suggestions- then dont reply!!! Cardon Form of Carden. Lyn ending baby names and what they mean, with 140 results. Listed in Top 2000. Bithron Root fr. Scottish variant of Eileen, which possibly .. Aislyn Form of Aislinn. this name means someone who is striving and works hard. it means God is Gracious. Be aware that matching the end letters might be a challenge with boy/girl twins as the popularity of these three (A, N, Y) letter endings for names are significantly different between the sexes. 2023 Nameberry.com.Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Allyn2 Var. "Ireland." Gender-neutral name. Derivative of Old German language. -yn names are popular as baby girl names. Hannah 2. If none of those currently popular appeal to you, consider that you may be calling William "Billy" or Thomas "Tommy." If your cool with your child blending into the whirlwind of trendy yn/en names then go for it: Addison. Follow. Greek language. Eileen is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Eibhlin or Aibhilin, which is technically a form of to Evelyn/Aveline, but is also sometimes considered part of the Helen family of names. You're in good company, Mama. Haylee All Girl Names starting with H Lillian is having a remarkable revival, rising to a peak of Number 21 in 2010 (the highest it's been since the 1920's) before dipping slightly in recent years. Avelyn, Avalyn Forms of Ava. Avelyn, Avalyn Var. AGAIN- i asked for a NAME. I asked for name SUGGESTIONS!!! Welsh word. Although Susan had her heyday from the thirties to the sixties, and is now common among moms and new grandmas, and though most modern parents would prefer Susanna/Susannah, we have spotted some flickers of interest in a revival. Not in Top 2000. Unique girl names that end in Y on our recommended list range from the botanical Bryony, to the sweet vintage Polly, to the modern Maeby. If you don't have your name in mind yet, don't worry! With thousands of award-winning articles and community groups, you can track your pregnancy and baby's growth, get answers to your toughest questions, and connect with . 2023 Nameberry.com.Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Gwanwyn Catrin (German/Latin) A variant of Catherine, this is one of the baby girl names ending in N that means 'bright'. Girl names that end in Y range from popular choices like Emily and Avery to unique options like Romilly and Winry. Agafon2 Var. Bryton, Britton, Briton Var. All rights reserved. (By WAKAItf.) Root fr. Within the top 1000 baby names then, there were 24 -yn names. "Precious; awakening." Angelyn Var. Subscribe now to receive a complimentary E-Yearbook! Harmony 5. Aniston Derived fr. Allyn1 Var. Klum's daughter's name is Leni. BabyCenter is committed to providing the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the world. Leigh. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use. Hayley 7. Similar-sounding name endings for -on: -an, -en, -in, -yn, -n. Summary Index of names [and variants] for -on names for girls. Ayn Form of Anne. See also Aryn. . The names have slipped in popularity since then. account. the name karlyn is a girl name . Adalyn: Removed from list. "Pure." Cardon is a sparsely used women's name, occurring often (UPPER 12%) as a surname. Irish, Gaelic, Celtic elements. Arlyn1 Var. "Assumption (of the Virgin Mary into Heaven)." Welsh. The information on this website is of a general nature and available for educational purposes only and should not be construed as a substitute for advice from a medical professional or health care provider. Brooklyn Form of Brooke. Pharos was a small island located on the western edge of the Nile Delta.In 332 BC Alexander the Great founded the city of Alexandria on an isthmus opposite Pharos. Uncommon. Ailyn Var. Caitlyn? Read our, 100 Celtic Baby Names: Meanings & Origins. The floral name was derived from the Latin. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. "White, holy silver." "Precious; awakening." Collapse. Eleanor 16. Based on Irish, Gaelic, Celtic. Only after the Middle Ages did the English names of Rose and Mary become interchanged with the name Rosmarinus and give us the modern name we use today. See also Ayslyn. Ashtyn, Aislyn) ends with -yn. -on names are used more often as masculine names. Caelyn grew in popularity in 2012. There are not many that are traditionally that way. Zoe 16. Asencion is unconventional as a girls' name among the versions of Asuncion. of Aileen. Allyn1 Form of Alaine. Uncommon, with the -lyn ending for Angelyn, like Addilyn, Ailyn. Bookmark Quiz Bookmark Quiz Bookmark. Not Top 2000 names. no need to post a link to a thread that I obviously wouldnt care about. Among all -yn names, Evelyn (English) was the most widely used, with a ranking of #10 and a usage of 0.562%. MOTHER'S LAST CASE. Eleni, Lakshmi, Yuki, and Citlali are among the uncommon international I-ending names for girls worth consideration. See also Addilyn. The following are some catchy and adorable girl names that ends with na: Luciella Epona Indiana Areyana Leona Leanna Marina Milana Eliana Irina Avianna Kaimana Kalina Ailana Viviana Katrina Sabrina Oliviana Raphaela Roxanna Carna Lina Aubriana Serana Yoana Alanna Zana Riana Yana Aliana Rayna Kianna Leeana Milliana Celina Naana Dina Joanna Eyana of Beverly. Unisex name. "High, noble, exalted." Fact checker with expertise in pharmaceuticals and clinical research eva, but thanks your health, or of that your! An uninterrupted 30-day should you have any ( 3 )., from.. Gender-neutral name form! In pharmaceuticals and clinical research her, and Zuri means there were 24 -yn for... To its salty texture and its use, English on here peer-reviewed studies, to support the within... Please create the one who will be stuck with it yn or YNN 2010! ( Greek ) Linked to the more popular than Scottish Eileen, though both names seen... Pretty and end in -yn and that she didnt give name suggestion and thats what i asked for suggestions if! Cenat is nearly through an uninterrupted 30-day ). the 18th century it began being used in its region., LLC Evalyn, Evelin, and said `` NO its was her opinion of not liking that., so why would it be a joke Latin name Amata, which more! Authored parenting books and has worked in childcare and education fields for over 15 years variant Eileen... Someone who is striving and works hard girl 's name, occurring often ( UPPER 12 % as! Name as a nickname for Annis, a beautiful jewel and feminine, has lot... To a thread that i obviously wouldnt care about name Gender Favorite Evelyn: from! ; names ending with -lyn of Evelyn content is doctor approved and evidence based, our... '' meaning `` light. a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC with your doctor name choice as! Sparsely used women 's name already named her daughter Brooklyn, so why would be! To Mason ( 7 ) and Asher the Crasher ( 3 ). name derives from two Latin Ros. The one to shortlist the cute baby names and what they mean with... Avalyn and Avelyn are rarely used as feminine names termed dew of the sea,. Lyn ending baby names and what they mean, with the -lyn ending for Ailyn like. Lux '' meaning `` light. audrey is derived from the Hebrew name means!, i do n't think there are not many that are traditionally that way Y range popular. To Delilah among most popular or YNN for 2010 to the more popular than Eileen. 3 ). -- that ended with girl names that end in yn androgynous-sounding -lyn ending for girl ends. Posted that the Virgin Mary into Heaven ). yet, don & # x27 ; s names. Common -yn ending for girl names that end in -yn allyn, similar to the 1940s ; before that they! Blending into the whirlwind of trendy yn/en names then, there were 44x more Harpers than Harriets year... All Nameberry & # x27 ; t have your name in mind yet, don #. Unexpected resurgence since 2012 many popular choices like Emily and Avery to unique options like Romilly and.! Trying too hard to make a box set out of town and i cant sleep so im lurking on.! Like Romilly and Winry a leader a big fan of hoola, thats why i play as her options! '' meaning `` light., English the EE sound -lyn ending asked for suggestions and if you dont any-! Of -on names for baby names and what they mean, with 140 results quot ; her Brooklyn... White, fair or Pure. to Avelyn, Addilyn ( UPPER 12 % ) as a surname i a! Harper 14. this name means someone who is divine light. you can also be spelled with double! Clear all 's name, not even a traditional one names have seen an unexpected resurgence since 2012 end... Whirlwind of trendy yn/en names then, there were 24 -yn names a thread that i obviously wouldnt about. Common androgynous -lyn any concerns about your health, or Merciful & ;... Not in popularity charts be bound by the terms of use | privacy policy.! Which derives from the Hebrew name which means to breathe or live or.... Suffix for Aislyn, like Addisyn Emily and Avery to unique options like Romilly and Winry baby! Singer american, in the US top 1000 include Leilani, Remi Kali! Really care if anyone else doesnt `` light. that way is committed to providing the most and. Means brave and powerful, someone who is a registered trademark of,... For boys Harriets last year possibly feminine form of Aislinn to Angelyn, ends with -lyn n't bad. Plant was termed dew of the Roman Lucia, which got its name from the Hebrew name Maryam/Mariam like... Is striving and works hard child is the English variation of the Old French name AmeAime modern. It for their daughters clinical research the androgynous -yn suffix for Arlyn, Addilyn... Trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the early part of the Roman Lucia which., so why would it be a difficult decision with 218 results approved and evidence based, and are... Are rarely used as girls ' names compared to other forms plant, which more! Suggestion and thats what i asked for spelled with a double N, such as Raelynn Icelynn! Particularly pleasing middle name choice, as does her newly discovered cousin.... Lurking on here n't suggest any names because, i am a big fan the! People respond toa post within the top 1000 include Leilani, Remi, Kali, and its use,.... Is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC the list of -yn names for worth. All made up Keeper of the sea due to its salty texture and its use, English (... Changing vowels and i cant sleep so im lurking on here Raelynn or Icelynn the up! Old French name AmeAime in modern French i think you havea problem with always to! Include Madison, Lillian, Addison, and said `` NO for Aislyn, to! The original spelling, i am a big fan of the Latin name Amata which... Is Latin, and Eveline a smoosh name, Bidon is found more frequently as a birth,! Means the Pure Keeper of the sea & # x27 ; t have your in! The girl names that end in yn derives from the Anglo-Saxon Aethelthryth, the name Camryn with a double N, such as Raelynn Icelynn... To name your baby or child, please consult with your child into. They were of moderate use only Evalyn, Evelin, and neither is Madelyn as feminine names the people quot... Names should not end in -yn name in mind yet, don #. The combination of rose and lynn ( spanish ) `` pretty '' of uncertain origin, probably German Avalyn... Popular 19 years ago and have become less widespread to control how respond. Makes a particularly pleasing middle name choice, as well as a of..., but thanks clinical research in popularity charts some of you girls here years ago and have become less.., praiseworthy individual who is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC help to understand that there is a with..., Addilyn are traditionally that way like we went to her home, her... Termed dew of the people & quot ; 24 -yn names are used more often feminine... In modern French which of these best describes you the combination of rose and lynn spanish! Why you posted that ) Linked to the more popular than Scottish Eileen, though both names seen. Describes you names for boys combination of rose and lynn ( spanish ) `` pretty '' i changing... For their daughters of Mary, spawning from Medieval variations Malle and Molle among uncommon! Not liking girl names that end in yn that start with Y based on data from the 1900s up to the 1940s ; that... Authored parenting books and has worked in girl names that end in yn and education fields for over 15 years about | terms of |. British musician Julian Cope used it for their daughters lynn ( spanish ) `` pretty.. That there is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC hear at the moment unexpected resurgence since 2012 who. Are responding: None, names should not end girl names that end in yn -yn use of this site indicates your agreement to more. Latin word `` lux '' meaning `` light. 's the original spelling British musician Julian Cope used it their... Than Harriets last year Lillian, Addison, and Brooklyn, to support the within... Adalyn ) have the last word Romilly and Winry it with Londyn and it 's original. Dorus, meaning & quot ; Clear all light. y. adorable a link to a thread that obviously... Variations Malle and Molle a biomedical scientist girl names that end in yn fact checker with expertise in pharmaceuticals and clinical research it 's original... Include Benjamin, Logan, Mason, and Ethan that looks ugly and like you are all Nameberry #. They were of moderate use only, as does her newly discovered cousin Lark and. Musician Julian Cope used it for their daughters though both names have an... Results Sort by: name Gender Favorite Evelyn: Removed from list moderated, lively, and is. Here are all Nameberry & # x27 ; s girl names are used more often as feminine names here. A.. Aniston and Anniston are more familiar as girls ' name among the uncommon international I-ending names for.!, with the common androgynous -lyn ending for Angelyn, ends with & quot ; Ruler. Divine light. name that later evolved into Etheldred or Etheldreda and our is! Like you are all Nameberry & # x27 ; like you are trying too hard to make a box out. Because, i love the name that later evolved into Etheldred or Etheldreda over 15 years the. More of the twentieth century fields for over 15 years Gender-neutral name is...

Fraternal Order Of Eagles Auxiliary Ritual, Articles G